75 foot Lifeguard Systems’ Throw Bag – Guaranteed to fly the fastest with the greatest accuracy!
Guaranteed to fly the fastest with the greatest accuracy!
Construction: As you will see, the finest and most appropriate materials have been combined to give you a quality piece of equipment. The bag is made of nylon II taffeta with lockable closures. The 3/8” floating line has a 400 lb working strength and resists moderate abrasions. A piece of flotation block is used to give a small amount of flotation to the bag so that it will stay on the surface and come back half filled with water if a re-throw is necessary.
- The primary use of the Throw Bag is a throwing device for a range of up to 75’ in assistance situations of a conscious swimmer, scuba diver or boater.
- The Throw Bag can be used by one or two rescuers to retrieve a conscious or unconscious victim by tying one end of the bag to a stable object, swimming out with the line, and using line to help all involved get back to shore.
- As a safety line, the Throw Bag can be strung along most boat hulls from bow to stern to aid swimming and all diving situations.
- With special training the Throw Bag can be utilized to elevate a victim out of the water into anything, from a small inflatable to a charter boat, which is called parbuckling.
- It can be used as a down line for a strong, safe reference point for all diving instructional situations. Most diving instruction organizations require a safety line on deep dives and boat dives.
- The line in the bag can be used as first aid equipment to help tie a splint or to create a stretcher.
- The line can be used to figure out surface current in knots.
- A throw bag can be used as a hang line for drying exposure suits.
Take a Lifeguard Systems Rescue Workshop to learn additional ways to use your Throw Rope. The only limitation of the Throw Bags are the limits of your own imagination and creativity.