New Jersey Swiftwater Surface Rescue Level 1 – 2 sessions, October and November
Bergen County Regional Scuba Taskforce is sponsoring two more sessions ofour 2.5 day program coming up in Mahwah, New Jersey in 2019 with spaces still available! We will be running the same program on 2 different dates to make this training available to as many first-responders as possible.
October 18-20, 2019 Swiftwater Surface Rescue Level 1: Mahwah, New Jersey Click here for flyer and contact information.
November 8-10, 2019 Swiftwater Surface Rescue Level 1: Mahwah, New Jersey Click here for flyer and contact information.
Whitewater sports, floods, and accidents are on the rise, putting fire, police and EMS at possibly more risk than any other type of rescue. One mistake can lead to multiple rescuer fatalities in a matter of seconds.
Can your team confidently and rapidly :
- Read the water to plan staging locations to avoid missing the victims?
- Plant spotters with throw bags and set up low angle rigging to deploy a vessel?
- Establish victim positive buoyancy and use sash weights?
- Rapid z-system set-ups, technician deployment, and victim extrication
- Properly handle patients to prevent further injury & increase survival chances?
- Prevent costly equipment purchasing mistakes?